Cross curriculum content enriches and supports the learning areas and adds depth to student learning.
In NSW students study a range of learning across the curriculum content.
Cross curriculum priorities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
- critical and creative thinking
- ethical understanding
- information and communication technology capability
- intercultural understanding
- personal and social capability
Other learning across the curriculum areas
- civics and citizenship
- difference and diversity
- work and enterprise.
© NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012
Creative and critical thinking
In today's schools, 21st century knowledge, understandings, skills and values must be at the heart of great teaching and inspired learning. Young people must develop a core of academic knowledge as well as the skills of working collaboratively and applying innovative solutions to problem solving.
In particular, 21st century skills are the set of skills students need to succeed in learning, work and life in this century. To be proficient in solving problems in our complex, fast changing world, students must become flexible, creative thinkers who can work well with others.
The following courses are available for students:
- fitness industry
- telling stories
- globe trotters
- powerful advertising
- product design
- young inventors
- potter about
- behind the scenes
- you are what you eat
- marine and aqua culture
- sleek geeks
- philosophy and ethics
If you are interested in learning more, download and view the Year 9 descriptions (PDF 117KB).
- dream catchers: representations of dreams from cave art to cyberspace
- costume design and rendering
- design studio 10
- language of mathematics - problem solving
- film studies
- acting to camera and film-making
- forensic science
- the investigators
- molecular gastronomy
- philosophy and ethics at davidson
- outdoor education
- english as a second language
If you are interested in learning more, download and view the Year 10 descriptions (PDF 737KB).