Positive Behaviour for Learning
At our school, we use Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) – a whole-school approach for creating a positive, safe and supportive school climate where students can learn and develop. Our whole school community works together to establish expected behaviours and teach them to all students.
At Davidson High School we develop each students' talents and capabilities while fostering personal responsibility, self-confidence and a sense of well-being. PBL creates a positive school environment in which learning and student engagement are enhanced through increased teaching time and consistent expectations of behaviour. At Davidson High School we have three core expected behaviours.
- listen and communicate with courtesy
- actively accept the rights of others
- allow others to learn
- care for the school environment.
- follow instructions
- be a positive role model
- help and support others
- be prepared for learning and all school activities
- be accountable for your behaviour.
- understand how effort leads to achievement
- strive to improve
- challenge yourself
- participate actively in all school settings.
These behaviours are important because they ensure that Davidson High School is a safe, supportive and creative learning environment.